- An excellent M&S food hall and Tesco super store, 6 miles away.
- Local village grocery shop and post office, only 3 miles away.
- Taste Perthshire Bankfoot, Perthshire PH1 4EB. Tel : 01738 787 696
- Visitors Centre with a café and food hall (Certificate of Excellence 2014), only 3 miles away.
- Taste Perthshire offers the very best of Perthshire in one place.
- Eat: Restaurant, Deli & Gourmet Takeaway
- All meals are freshly prepared and they use local ingredients, many of which are sold in their food larder
- Shop: Clothes and Accessories, Homeware and Gift Shop
- Enjoy: Food Larder, Whiskeys and Wine and Highland cows to visit too!
- Open 7 days from 8am till 8 pm (7pm on winter nights midweek)
- Stuart Towers: an award-winning farm shop and café specialising in home-made ice-cream, only 4 miles away.
Local pubs and restaurants
There are a selection of charming pubs/restaurants only a short distance away. Here are some recommendations.
- Pitcairngreen Inn: Village pub offering home cooked local seasonal produce and serving local real ales. Dogs welcome too. 2 miles or 5 minutes drive.
- The Taybank: Renowned folk music pub, once owned by the famous folk musician Dougie McLean. Serving local ales on a river side setting. 18 miles or 15 minutes drive.
- Logierait Inn: Highly recommended for excellent food in a cosy atmosphere with open fires. 20 miles or 20 minutes drive.
- Apron Stage: Fantastic local restaurant, small and quaint, only 18 covers with an exciting weekly menu always using local produce. Highly recommended. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 5 miles or 10 minutes drive.
- Chatni: An authentic Indian restaurant. The menu covers dishes from India to Bangladesh with unusual local Bengal dishes too. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 3.8 miles or 8 minutes drive.
- Café Tabou: French bistro dining with a vibrant cosmopolitan feel. Traditional recipes with the emphasis on using local Perthshire produce. 7 miles or 10 minutes drive.
- Kinloch House: An award-winning hotel ‘The best of Scottish hospitality and a truly fabulous dining experience’. Exquisite meal in a luxury setting. 17.6 miles or 33 minutes drive.
- 63 Tay Street: Winner of the prestigious gold award. No 63 Tay Street is a food lover’s delight offering gourmet dinners and superb wine. 7.4 miles or 19 minutes drive.
The owner is a qualified cook and can provide a selection of delicious home-cooked meals using local farm produce by prior arrangement.
Rail stations and airports
- Dunkeld Railway station: 11.5 miles or 18 minutes’ drive.
- Perth Railway station: 7.4 miles or 15 minutes’ drive.
- Edinburgh Airport: 51 miles or 45 minutes’ drive.
- Glasgow Airport: 64 miles or an hour and ten minutes’ drive.