Spring view from the lodge
Pitlandie Wood Lodges, Moneydie, Perthshire, PH1 3HZ
Moneydie is a small hamlet in central Perthshire, two miles west of Luncarty and six miles northwest of Perth.
Perthshire is an excellent starting point from which to explore Scotland as this county is home to some of Scotland’s most scenic countryside. It offers excellent opportunities for active and passive recreation, from observing wildlife to partaking in outdoor sports including fishing, golf, white water rafting, hill walking, visiting historic sites and for the art enthusiasts there are numerous theatres and craft centres.
- An excellent M&S food hall and Tesco super store, 6 miles away.
- Local village grocery shop and post office, only 3 miles away.
- Taste PerthshireBankfoot, Perthshire PH1 4EB. Tel : 01738 787 696
- Visitors Centre with a café and food hall (Certificate of Excellence 2014), only 3 miles away.
- Taste Perthshire offers the very best of Perthshire in one place.
- Eat: Restaurant, Deli & Gourmet Takeaway
- All meals are freshly prepared and they use local ingredients, many of which are sold in their food larder
- Shop: Clothes and Accessories, Homeware and Gift Shop
- Enjoy: Food Larder, Whiskeys and Wine and Highland cows to visit too!
- Open 7 days from 8am till 8 pm (7pm on winter nights midweek)
- Stuart Towers: an award-winning farm shop and café specialising in home-made ice-cream, only 4 miles away.
Local pubs and restaurants
There are a selection of charming pubs/restaurants only a short distance away. Here are some recommendations.
- Pitcairngreen Inn: Village pub offering home cooked local seasonal produce and serving local real ales. Dogs welcome too. 2 miles or 5 minutes drive.
- The Taybank: Renowned folk music pub, once owned by the famous folk musician Dougie McLean. Serving local ales on a river side setting. 18 miles or 15 minutes drive.
- Logierait Inn: Highly recommended for excellent food in a cosy atmosphere with open fires. 20 miles or 20 minutes drive.
- Apron Stage: Fantastic local restaurant, small and quaint, only 18 covers with an exciting weekly menu always using local produce. Highly recommended. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 5 miles or 10 minutes drive.
- Chatni: An authentic Indian restaurant. The menu covers dishes from India to Bangladesh with unusual local Bengal dishes too. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 3.8 miles or 8 minutes drive.
- Café Tabou: French bistro dining with a vibrant cosmopolitan feel. Traditional recipes with the emphasis on using local Perthshire produce. 7 miles or 10 minutes drive.
- Kinloch House: An award-winning hotel ‘The best of Scottish hospitality and a truly fabulous dining experience’. Exquisite meal in a luxury setting. 17.6 miles or 33 minutes drive.
- 63 Tay Street: Winner of the prestigious gold award. No 63 Tay Street is a food lover’s delight offering gourmet dinners and superb wine. 7.4 miles or 19 minutes drive.
The owner is a qualified cook and can provide a selection of delicious home-cooked meals using local farm produce by prior arrangement.
Rail stations and airports
- Dunkeld Railway station: 11.5 miles or 18 minutes’ drive.
- Perth Railway station: 7.4 miles or 15 minutes’ drive.
- Edinburgh Airport: 51 miles or 45 minutes’ drive.
- Glasgow Airport: 64 miles or an hour and ten minutes’ drive.