Pitlandie Wood Lodges, Moneydie, Perthshire, PH1 3HZ.
Contemporary wooden lodges in the small hamlet of Moneydie is 2 miles west of Luncarty and 6 miles northwest of Perth.
Perthshire is an excellent starting point from which to explore Scotland: this county is home to some of Scotland’s most scenic countryside, offering excellent opportunities for active and passive recreation, from observing wildlife to partaking in outdoor sports including fishing, golf, white water rafting, hill walking, visiting historic sites and for the art enthusiasts there are numerous theatres and craft centres.
- An excellent M&S food hall and Tesco super store. (6 miles)
- Local village grocery shop and post office. (3 miles)
- Taste Perthshire. Visitors Centre with a café, food hall and shop with clothes, accessories, homeware and gifts. (3 miles)
- Stuart Towers is an award-winning farm shop and café specialising in home-made ice-cream. (4 miles)
Local pubs & restaurants
There are a selection of charming pubs/restaurants only a short distance away. Here are some recommendations.
- Pitcairngreen Inn is a village pub offering home cooked local seasonal produce and serving local real ales. Dogs welcome too. (2 miles)
- The Taybank in Dunkeld is renowned folk music pub, once owned by the famous folk musician Dougie McLean. Serving local ales on a river side setting. (18 miles)
- The Logierait Inn is highly recommended for excellent food in a cosy atmosphere with open fires. (20 miles)
- The Aran Bakery in Dunkeld a bakery/cafe opened by the semi finalist on BBC1 Great British Bake Off, Flora Sheddon producing the highest quality breads, cakes and preserves. (11 miles)
- Yaans in Crieff award winning Michelin star Bistro style restaurant. (15 miles)
- The Roost Restaurant described by Marco Pierre White as Scotland's hidden gem. (13.4 miles)
- Apron Stage is another fantastic local restaurant, small and quaint, only 18 covers with an exciting weekly menu always using local produce. Highly recommended. (5 miles)
- Chatni Authentic Indian restaurant. The menu covers dishes from India to Bangladesh with unusual local Bengal dishes too. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. (3.8 miles)
- Café Tabou is a French bistro dining with a vibrant cosmopolitan feel. Traditional recipes with the emphasis on using local Perthshire produce. (7 miles)
Rail stations and airports
- Perth Railway station is 7.4 miles or 15 minutes’ drive.
- Dunkeld Railway station is 11.5 miles or 18 minutes’ drive.
- Edinburgh Airport is 51 miles or 45 minutes’ drive.
- Glasgow Airport is 64 miles or an hour and ten minutes’ drive.