Pitlandie Wood Lodges, Moneydie, Perthshire, PH1 3HZ.
Our contemporary wooden lodge in the small hamlet of Moneydie in central Perthshire, is two miles west of Luncarty and six miles northwest of Perth.
Perthshire is an excellent starting point from which to explore Scotland as this county is home to some of Scotland’s most scenic countryside. It offers excellent opportunities for active and passive recreation, from observing wildlife to partaking in outdoor sports including fishing, golf, white water rafting, hill walking, visiting historic sites and for the art enthusiasts there are numerous theatres and craft centres.
- An excellent M&S food hall and Tesco super store, 6 miles away.
- Local village grocery shop and post office, only 3 miles away.
- Taste Perthshire, Bankfoot, Perthshire PH1 4EB. Tel : 01738 787 696 Visitors Centre with a café and food hall (Certificate of Excellence 2014), only 3 miles away. Dine in the Restaurant, Deli & Gourmet Takeaway All meals are freshly prepared and they use local ingredients, many of which are sold in their food larder. Shop for clothes and Accessories, Homeware and Gifts in the large shop. Taste Perthshire is Open 7 days from 8am till 8 pm (7pm on winter nights midweek)
- Stuart Towers is an award-winning farm shop and café specialising in home-made ice-cream, only 4 miles away.
Local pubs and restaurants
There are a selection of charming pubs/restaurants only a short distance away. Here are some recommendations.
- Pitcairngreen Inn is a village pub offering home cooked local seasonal produce and serving local real ales. Dogs welcome too. 2 miles or 5 minutes drive.
- The Taybank in Dunkeld is renowned folk music pub, once owned by the famous folk musician Dougie McLean. Serving local ales on a river side setting. 18 miles or 15 minutes drive.
- The Logierait Inn is highly recommended for excellent food in a cosy atmosphere with open fires. 20 miles or 20 minutes drive.
- The Aran Bakery in Dunkeld a bakery/cafe opened by the semi finalist on BBC1 Great British Bake Off, Flora Sheddon producing the highest quality breads, cakes and preserves. 11 miles 18 mins.
- Yaans in Crieff award winning Michelin star Bistro style restaurant. 15 miles 25 mins.
- The Roost Restaurant described by Marco Pierre White as Scotland's hidden gem. 13.4 miles 19 mins.
- Apron Stage is another fantastic local restaurant, small and quaint, only 18 covers with an exciting weekly menu always using local produce. Highly recommended. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 5 miles or 10 minutes drive.
- Chatni Authentic Indian restaurant. The menu covers dishes from India to Bangladesh with unusual local Bengal dishes too. There is a special discount for Pitlandie Wood Lodge customers. 3.8 miles or 8 minutes drive.
- Café Tabou is a French bistro dining with a vibrant cosmopolitan feel. Traditional recipes with the emphasis on using local Perthshire produce. 7 miles or 10 minutes drive.
The owner is a qualified cook and can provide a selection of delicious home-cooked meals using local farm produce by prior arrangement.
Rail stations and airports
- Dunkeld Railway station is 11.5 miles or 18 minutes’ drive.
- Perth Railway station is 7.4 miles or 15 minutes’ drive.
- Edinburgh Airport is 51 miles or 45 minutes’ drive.
- Glasgow Airport is 64 miles or an hour and ten minutes’ drive.